Intermodal Staffing Pty Ltd is committed to maintaining your privacy. We understand and comply with the Australian Privacy Act 1988 and the Australian Privacy Amendment (Private Sector) Act 2000. The Privacy Act contains 10 National Privacy Principles (NPP) that demand compliance from our Company.
1.1 What your personal information is
Personal information is any information or an opinion (whether true or not) about you. It may range from the very sensitive (e.g. medical history or condition) to the everyday (e.g. address and phone number). It would include the opinions of others about your work performance (whether true or not), your work experience and qualifications, aptitude test results and other information obtained by us in connection with your possible work placements. Personal information includes sensitive information.
1.1.1 What sensitive information is
Sensitive information is a special category of personal information. It is information or opinion about your:
- racial or ethnic origin;
- membership of a political association or religious beliefs, affiliations or philosophical beliefs;
membership of a professional or trade association or membership of a trade union;
- criminal record;
- health or disability (at any time);
It includes personal information collected to provide a health service.
Sensitive information can, in most cases, only be disclosed with your consent.
1.1.2 Who will be collecting your personal and sensitive information
Your personal and sensitive information will be collected by Intermodal Staffing Pty Ltd for its own use in connection with your work placements.
1.1.3 How your information will be collected
Personal and sensitive information will be collected from you directly when you fill out and submit one of our registration forms or any other information in connection with your application to us for registration.
Personal and sensitive information will also be collected when:
- we receive any reference about you;
- we receive results of inquiries that we might make of your former employers, work colleagues, professional associations or registration body;
- we receive the results of any competency or medical test;
- we receive performance feedback (whether positive or negative);
- we receive any complaint from or about you in the workplace;
- we receive any information about a workplace accident in which you are involved;
- we receive any information about any insurance investigation, litigation, registration or professional disciplinary matter, criminal matter, inquest or inquiry in which you are involved;
- you provide us with your Job Seeker Identification Number (JSID)
- you provide us with your Tax File Number (TFN) & Bank Account Details
- you provide us with any additional information about you
- you provide us with your email address
1.1.4 Your information will be used
Your personal and sensitive information may be used in connection with:
- your actual or possible work placement;
- your performance appraisals;
- our assessment of your ongoing performance and prospects;
- any test or assessment (including medical tests and assessments) that you might be required to undergo;
- our identification of your training needs;
- any workplace rehabilitation;
- our management of any complaint, investigation or inquiry in which you are involved;
- any insurance claim or proposal that requires disclosure of your personal or sensitive information to pay your wages
Your personal and sensitive information may be disclosed to:
- potential and actual employers and clients of Intermodal Staffing Pty Ltd;
- our insurers;
- a professional association or registration body that has a proper interest in the disclosure of your personal and sensitive information;
- a Workers Compensation body;
- our contractors and suppliers – e.g. our I.T. contractors and database designersany person with a lawful entitlement to obtain the information.
- Employees of Intermodal Staffing Pty Ltd
If you do not give us the information we seek
- we may be limited in our ability to locate suitable work for you;
- we may be limited in our ability to place you in work;
1.1.5 You can gain access to your information to correct it if it is wrong
Subject to some exceptions which are set out in the National Privacy Principles (Principle 6 – Access and Correction), you have a right to see and have a copy of personal and sensitive information about you that we hold.
If you are able to establish that personal or sensitive information that we hold about you is not accurate, complete and up-to-date, we will take reasonable steps to correct it so that it is accurate, complete and up-to-date.
If we are unable to agree that personal or sensitive information that we hold about you is accurate, complete and up-to-date, you may ask us to place with the information a statement by you that claims that particular information is not accurate, complete and up-to-date.
If you wish to exercise your rights of access and correction you should contact our Privacy Information Manager.
In some cases we may impose a moderate charge for providing access to personal or sensitive information. We will not charge you simply because you lodge a request for access.
1.1.6 How to contact us
If you wish to contact us about your personal or sensitive information you should contact the Privacy Information Manager, Intermodal Staffing Pty Ltd, P.O. Box. 4256, Hoppers Crossing VIC. 3029 or by Fax on 03 9353 7098.
1.1.7 Data Security
Intermodal Staffing Pty Ltd will endeavour to take all reasonable steps to keep secure information, which it holds about individuals. Electronic information is stored on a secure server that is protected in controlled facilities. Documents and papers are stored and locked under key until they are no longer required. When electronic information is no longer required it is permanently destroyed. When physical information is no longer required it is placed in a confidential security bag and destroyed or shredded.
In addition, our employees and data processors are obliged to respect the confidentiality of any personal information held by us. Procedures are in place such as:
- The need to know principle that limits access to information to those people who need the information to carry out their duties.
- The secure storage of all files after use to reduce the risk of unauthorised access to personal information.
However, Intermodal Staffing Pty Ltd will not be held responsible for events arising from unauthorised access to your personal information.
1.1.8 Transborder Data Flow
Intermodal Staffing Pty Ltd will only transfer personal information outside Australia with the consent of the individual and it if reasonably believes the information will be granted a similar level of protection as under the new Privacy Act.